Sunday 19 August 2012

Awolowo-Dosumu tasks youths on good conduct

alt
Life Mother, Association of Christ Little Band, Nigeria, Ambassador (Dr) Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosumu, with members of the association, during the closing ceremony of the youth camp meeting, held at the Mayflower School, Ikenne, Ogun State, on Saturday.
Nigerian youths have been told to allow their conducts to be directed and guided by the words of God so that Nigeria can become a crime-free society.
The Executive Director of Obafemi Awolowo Foundation and former Nigerian Ambassador to the Netherlands, Dr Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosumu, stated this at Mayflower School, Ikenne, Ogun State, on Saturday, during a retreat organised by the Association of Christ Little Band, Nigeria (youth wing).
Dr Awolowo-Dosumu, who spoke as a mother of the youths, said Nigerian youths were confronted with many distractions, adding that anything that was against the Bible should not be accepted by them.
The former diplomat advised the youths, saying, “always keep to the words of God in order to be different.
“If some people say it is normal to steal, bribe or to be immoral, remember that it is not accepted to the Lord. Always walk
according to the words of God, read the Bible all the time, because our law book as Christians is Bible.
“The Bible says, teach the child the way to go, when he grows up he will not depart from it.
“This reminds me of my past before I accepted Jesus Christ into my life. Though I had everything when my father was alive, after his death I thought the end had come for me.
“Papa was wonderful, he was our mentor, but I later discovered Jesus Christ as my father who cannot die or change and who will always provide for His children abundantly according to His riches in glory.
alt
From left, National Secretary, Association of Christ Little Band, Nigeria, Mr Adewale Adeoye; National President, Mr Idowu Adekanmbi; Life Mother, Ambassador (Dr) Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosumu and Vice-President, Mrs E.M. Oloruntosin, at the occasion. Photos: Tommy Adegbite
“Before I gave my life to Christ, I didn’t know I had a lot of baggage holding me down. I realised this at a prayer programme where I saw big people praising God and rolling on the floor. God, at that point, told me that I was nothing compared to those people I saw.”
Dr. Awolowo-Dosumu told participants at the 4-day retreat, which started last Thursday and ends today, to consider themselves as highly honoured to be in the retreat, urging them to put into use the Christian teachings they had learned.
Speaking earlier, the National President of the association, Mr. Adekanbi Idowu, said that the association, which is interdenominational, was formed 45 years ago to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ and to discourage youths from taking into crime.
Dr. Awolowo-Dosumu will tomorrow, during the association’s thanksgiving service, at Our Saviour Anglican Church, Ikenne, be honoured with an award.

No comments:

Post a Comment