Thursday 27 December 2012

NFF must caution Osaze — Ikpeba

Osaze Odemwingie
Former Nigeria striker Victor Ikpeba says the Nigeria Football Federation must act fast to caution West Brom forward, Osaze Odemwingie, who went on social media, Tweeter, to vent his anger after he was dropped from the Super Eagles 32-man provincial list for January’s Africa Nations Cup.
Odemwingie had on Sunday aimed his tirade at coach Stephen Keshi, NFF officials, Ikpeba and others but Ikpeba, the 1997 African Footballer of the Year, fired back on Supersport on Monday, saying he would only reply Odemwingie’s tweets when the Edo-born player achieved what he (Ikpeba) had achieved in football.
However, Odemwingie was back again on Wednesday night tweeting, “Ok Victor (Ikpeba) e don reach ur turn — talking about professionalism huh — did u have any business in the dressing room during game against Guinea?
“Ur handshake could have been back luck to me cos you have prejudged opinion about me. Coach and his team only in dressing room please!!!
“If u had coaching talent u would at least be one by now. That means you don’t know much about the game. Means don’t be a adviser to FF
“u want me to be mature? Ur interview that me and Mikel shouldn’t be in the national team? Shouldn’t u leave that to the coach to say?
“I heard ur story oh. How hot tempered u where as a player. They said far worse than me. I might have done few little mistakes but Little!
“Now for the coach (Keshi) small one cos I just remembered what he told me him self. He said they told Westerhof its them or JayJay in a afcon
“That he was playing for him self 2 much. Jay jay future only in the semi final of that nations cup (1994). Was Big Boss the coach? Which boss self
“People read between the lines as well. U ll understand the big picture. Oliseh said Siasia was the one they send to rattle officials hahaa
“I ve gone of track. Back to u bros (Ikpeba). I wanted to play this cup (AFCON) for our fans and not you guys. Cos u guys change like chameleons when suits u
“U said I can talk face 2 face with u only when I achieve what you achieved ? No be so senior. Treat ur little bros like family not oga.”
Then he added in Russian languague.
“My reply to you V. Ikpeba. Prince of Monaco? Ты не принц, а скорее принцесса. Ты не тянешь. Так что, ДАВАЙ ДО СВИДАНИЯ !”
A Tweeter account with the name Ikpeba Official, which had the picture of the former Monaco star forward, replied Odemwingie, “I will disgrace Peter Odemwingie! How dare you!
“Look at this small boy @OdemwingieP that i watched playin football. U now have the Gods to insulted me.”
But Ikpeba denied having any Tweeter account, saying he never had a chat with Odemwingie on the social network.
He said, “I don’t have a Tweeter account, my organisation, Supersport, knows that. I would rather spend my precious time discussing with my family rather than engage anybody on Tweeter or Facebook.
“People close to him (Odemwingie) should advise him. I’m waiting for the federation to issue a statement on this matter. They must take action because this is a dangerous precedent because if they don’t, others will do the same thing in future.
“How can he just go about attacking coaches, ex-players and even his colleagues like that? I played for Nigeria, I was criticised but I moved on. I was not picked for the 2002 World Cup, I moved on. Why can’t he move on?
“In life, people will be critical of you, not everybody can agree with you. That is why credit should be given to players like Taye Taiwo and Obafemi Martins.
“They have played for this country for long, but they were omitted and they are not complaining. That’s good behaviour.”

No comments:

Post a Comment