Wednesday 12 September 2012

I fear no players' revolt - Keshi

alt
Keshi
SUPER Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi, believes he still has the backing of his players in spite of the indictment of his team following a 2-2 draw with home side, the Lone Star of Liberia in a 2013 Nations Cup qualifier in Liberia last Saturday.
Keshi tore into his charges for failing to convert begging chances against Liberia and yesterday, said somebody must call the shot when the chips are down.
“We are all adults and when we need to joke, we joke,” he stated on Tuesday.
“What happened in Liberia must not repeat itself and that is what we discussed. As a coach, I have no personal issues with my players; we are like brothers and I believe they understand my feelings. We are in this together.''
When asked if he feared players'revolt following his post-match outburst, the former national team captain explained that the team is still intact and focussed.
“My idea is not different from that of the players. Off the pitch, we discussed the way forward and till today, nothing has changed. I believe my players are still loyal to me and the country.''
Keshi also dismissed the notion that the Eagles underrated the Lone Star.
“No! I alerted the players that the environment would be electrifying and that is what we saw.
“I asked my players to forget the fact that we once beat them but like I said, we should have won the game. We have to change our attitude if we are to fulfil our potential.''

No comments:

Post a Comment