Thursday 3 May 2012

COACHING Eagles is difficult —Keshi


•Big Boss’ sons take to football
“BEING a national team coach is not easy at all. It is not easy at all keeping the home front by my wife any time I am not around in the United States of America where my family lives. My wife is the one taking it up from where I left.

“She is getting used to it any way but it has not been easy at all leaving home for several months without seeing your wife and kids. It is always the best for couples to be together but at times the work one is doing may not
allow it but the love that has bound the family together will keep it going despite the absence of the husband and father.”

These are the words of Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi, in an interview with NationSport.

Keshi, however, described his relationship with his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as great.  “Our relationship has been very good and cordial. So far the NFF has been wonderful. They are doing what they have to do
and we are in line with them. But if the situation changes, God forbid! You (The NationSport) will be the first to know,” he assured.

The former Eagles Skipper also disclosed that two of his sons have already taken after him as football players. He said: “Two of my kids are playing football but they have not made up their mind whether they want to take it as a professional stuff, but they are all in school which is important to me.

The Big Boss further revealed that his best moment in football is, “any time I wake up in the morning and see the sun shining, I thank Father Lord for keeping me alive and my family.  I don’t entertain any regrets in my life. I always like to move forward and progress in whatever I lay my hands on with God’s backing.  “I sincerely love to help other people that needs help and also try to put smiles on their faces.”

No comments:

Post a Comment