Thursday 8 March 2012

Messi's hits 228 Barcelona goals

MessiMessi

A simple, no-frills video features 202 goals scored by Lionel Messi for Barcelona between 2005 and 2011 has been posted on YouTube by someone avoiding the tricky task of picking a top 10, or even top 100.
The Argentine surpassed Ladislao Kubala's record last year to climb into second place on the club's all-time list. He now has 228. 
Only Cesar Rodriguez, with 235 goals, has scored more than Messi.
The 24-year-old midfielder has made it clear, however, that becoming leading goalscorer is not a specific objective for him - as he  just wants to do as well as possible for the Champions League holders and win trophies.
"I want to break Rodriguez's record, but only because I want to score as many goals as possible for Barcelona," he said. "It's good  for the team when I score and I want to win trophies. I don't care about entering the record books."
"I don't necessarily want to break the record this season. If it happens, I'm fine with it, but I won't lose any sleep over it if I  don't break the record."

No comments:

Post a Comment